Your LASIK Procedure
The day has finally arrived! Prior to your LASIK procedure, there are specific instructions that you need to follow. If you need a copy of LASIK Care Instructions, you can find them here. Read your instructions carefully.
- You can eat lightly prior to the procedure; however, do not consume caffeine (soda, chocolate, and coffee), alcohol or tobacco.
- Do not wear any facial make-up, eye make-up or any skin creams, lotions or moisturizers. Do not wear any scented products (i.e. perfume or cologne) or use hair products that contain alcohol (such as hair spray or mousse). The aromatic and alcohol vapors can impair the laser beam.
- Wear comfortable clothing. The laser room temperature is cool so you may want to wear a sweatshirt or a sweater.
- Avoid wearing clothes made of materials such as wool that may generate lint in the surgical suite.
- Do not wear any jewelry, e.g. earrings, necklaces, and chains. To ensure safety of your jewelry, please leave it at home.
- In consideration of others, and to make certain your visit is as comfortable as possible, please do not bring children with you on the day of your surgery.
- Turn off your cell phone and other electronic devices prior to entering the laser room.
- Duration of your visit will be approximately 1 1/2 hours.
Make sure that you have someone available to drive you home. You may be tired and you may have been given medication to help you relax, so it is best to have someone else take you home.
If you have any questions about your procedure or any concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us at Benjamin Eye Institute. We want you to be prepared and be comfortable going into your LASIK procedure. Learn more about what to expect in your recovery from LASIK.
We look forward to helping you see better!Schedule my FREE
LASIK consultation now.CLICK HERE TO CONTACT
BENJAMIN EYE INSTITUTE