Flapless LASIK is a a term used for any laser vision correction procedure that does not involve creation of a corneal flap. Examples of flapless LASIK procedures include the following:
Schedule your free LASIK consultation now to find out if you’re a candidate for these procedures from world-renowned surgeon Dr. Benjamin!CALL NOW
and schedule your FREE
Flapless LASIK Procedures
Here are some facts about the flapless LASIK procedures performed by Dr. Arthur Benjamin at Benjamin Eye Institute:
- In flapless LASIK procedures, the corneal stroma (the part of the eye that is reshaped with the laser) is exposed by removing the overlying layer of epithelium.
- These procedures are known for their post operative discomfort lasting for 3 to 4 days following the surgery. Also the visual recovery may take longer than that of LASIK.
- The flapless procedures come with the advantage of being more tissue sparing than LASIK, and are thus reserved for patients who have preoperative corneal thickness that is deemed on the low range of normal.
- In Epi-Lasik, the epithelim is moved out of the way as a sheet using a blunt vibrating blade called the epikeratome.
- During Epi-LASIK, the sheet of epithelium is redraped over the treated stroma, immediately following the Excimer laser correction. Theoretically, the replaced epithelium serves as a bandage and promotes healing. However, experience shows that this method is not any less uncomfortable and does not provide for faster visual recovery than PRK and has thus fallen out of favor.
Call Benjamin Eye Institute Today!
Are you interesting in the flapless LASIK procedures performed at Benjamin Eye Institute? If so, call 310.507.7988 today for 24 months interest free financing! Keep reading about Advanced Surface Treatment, another LASIK alternative treatment. Schedule your consultation today with Dr. Benjamin by calling at 310.507.7988.Get my coupon for 24 months
interest free financing
(must schedule complimentary consultation by 5/1/2014)CLICK HERE
TO RECEIVE YOUR COUPON