Follow Up Care
Welcome back your vision, and help keep it intact by following post-LASIK instructions. Maintain your new eyesight by protecting your eyes in the sun, and from other elements. Make-up and mascara should be avoided around the eyes as well. Be sure to see the complete list of instructions to follow for your eyes.
- Please be advised that your follow-up care is as important as the actual procedure.
- You are required to come to our office (9201 West Sunset Boulevard, Suite 709, West Hollywood, CA 90069) in 24 hours after you LASIK for you first post-operative appointment.
- Continue using your eye medications.
- You may take a shower the day after surgery, but keep your eyes closed. Do not allow water to spray directly into your face. Avoid soap or shampoo in your eyes for one week.
- Do not submerge in any bodies of water such as pools, jacuzzis, oceans, rivers, or lakes for two weeks after your surgery.
- Mascara should not be used for one week. It is okay to use eye shadow and other make-up.
- Do not rub your eyes for six weeks following your treatment. If your eyes itch, notify you eye doctor and an anti-itch medication can be prescribed.
- Use sunglasses when outdoors for the first four weeks to protect your eyes from wind and dust.
- Wear your eye shield at bedtime for one week (two weeks if you sleep on your stomach) to keep from rubbing your eyes while asleep.
- Light exercise is okay, but avoid excessive workout for five days.
- It is always recommended that you wear protective eyewear for racquet and contact sports and safety goggles for jobs/hobbies that require them.
- Do not swim, use a sauna or hot tub for two weeks following your surgery.
- You may fly two days after surgery.
- Please use your antibiotic eye medication ever even hour (e.g. 12PM 2PM, 4PM, 6PM, 8PM) and your steroid medication every odd hour (1PM, 3PM, 5PM, etc.)
- No scuba diving for three weeks.
- If you experience any issues after LASIK, please call Benjamin Eye Institute
Contact Benjamin Eye Institute Today
Welcome to your vision! After LASIK, you will experience clear vision without the need for glasses or contacts, allowing you begin a new and exciting chapter in your life!
If in doubt about any activity you can or cannot do, please contact the office at 310.507.7988. Protect your new eyesight and enjoy it!Schedule my FREE
LASIK consultation now.CLICK HERE TO CONTACT
BENJAMIN EYE INSTITUTE