Installing Eye Drops
Using Eye Drops Properly
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Check the dropper tip to make sure it isn’t cracked or chipped.
- Avoid touching the dropper against your eye or anything else.
- Tilt your head back, use your index finger to pull down your bottom lid to form a pocket.
- Hold to dropper with the other hand, as close to the eye as you can without touching it.
- Look up, and gently squeeze the dropper so that a single drop falls into the pocket made in the lower eyelid.
- Close your eyes for a few minutes and tilt your head down. Do not blink or squeeze your eyelids.
- Place your finger on the tear duct, applying gentle pressure.
- Wipe away excess liquid with a tissue.
- If you are to use more than one drop in the same eye, wait at least 5 minutes beforehand.
- Wash your hands to remove any medication.