A comprehensive eye examination includes:
- Extensive medical history
- Vision test for refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia)
- Tests for binocular and color vision
- External examination of the eye and lids
- Microscope exam to detect cataracts, dry eye, and corneal disease
- Muscle balance evaluation to determine ocular alignment
- Vitreous examination for floaters
- Evaluation of macular degeneration and other retinal diseases
- Pressure check to screen for glaucoma
Benjamin Eye Institute is MORE
than just refractive surgery.CALL TODAY
TO SCHEDULE YOUR
COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM
Our comprehensive vision exam goes beyond 20/20 to evaluate many important visual skills, such as:
Visual Acuity at Near
Is vision clear and single at close distances?
Clear sight at short distances is critical to reading, writing, close work, computer use, etc.
Eye Teaming Skills
Do the two eyes aim, move, and work as a coordinated team?
Weaknesses in binocular (two-eyed) vision and eye teaming skills can cause numerous difficulties, including clumsy children and poor depth perception.
Eye Focusing Skills
Do the eyes maintain clear vision at varying distances?
Rapid, automatic eye focus adjustment is critical to learning, reading, writing, sports, etc. Deficiencies can cause visual fatigue, reduced reading comprehension, and/or avoidance of close work or other activities.
Eye Movement Skills
Do eye movements show adequate muscle control, tracking, fixation, etc.?
In the classroom, normal eye movements allow rapid and accurate shifting of the eyes along the line of print or from desk to board, etc. In sports, efficient eye movements contribute to eye-hand coordination, visual reaction time, and accurate tracking.
Above are just a few of the many visual measurements evaluated during our comprehensive vision exam. In addition, the health of your eyes, inside and out, is carefully evaluated for such problems as cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, and other conditions.
Contact Expert Beverly Hills Surgeon
Call today to schedule your comprehensive eye exam at Benjamin Eye Institute at 310.507.7988.SUFFERING FROM AN EYE CONDITION?
Call us today to schedule your eye exam.310.507.7988