How to Choose your LASIK Surgeon
LASIK is one of the safest surgeries available today for patients seeking lifelong vision. Choosing a qualified and highly skilled surgeon that meets your needs is vital to the success of your LASIK experience. The satisfaction rate among LASIK patients is well over 95%, a figure much higher than what is experienced in many other surgical procedures.
Referrals can be an effective way to start your search. Learning from the experience of others will help you better understand what to look for in a potential LASIK surgeon. Talk with your regular eye care physician or visit www.benjamineye.com and review our credentials.
Criteria to use when choosing a LASIK surgeon
The following criteria are important to consider when searching for a qualified LASIK surgeon:
- Experience – How many times has your surgeon performed LASIK surgery with the same laser he/she will use on your procedure?
- Technology – Make sure you understand the technology and equipment used in your procedure.
- Patient Education – Is your doctor willing to spend the time to answer all your questions?
- Follow-up care – Does your doctor encourage follow-up management of you as a patient?
- Feel at ease – Are you comfortable enough with your doctor to ask the required questions?
Your initial consultation at Benjamin Eye is an important chance for you to get to know your potential LASIK surgeon. It is important to ask any questions you have regarding the procedure or your surgeon’s expertise and experience. Remember to ask your Benjamin Eye surgeon for the names and contact information of former patients who have undergone the same procedure as you.
Contact Benjamin Eye Institute Today
Call [telephone] to find out why world-renowned Dr. Arthur Benjamin is the best eye doctor for you. Schedule your FREE LASIK consultation at Benjamin Eye Institute today!