Modern cataract surgery presents patients with an opportunity to greatly enhance the quality of vision. During treatment the cloudy lens is replaced with a clear intraocular lens (IOL) implant. As a result the vision is greatly enhanced. During your cataract consultation we will perform necessary tests to know about your candidacy, your goals and your expectations.
What is your goal?
I wanna be free…
See young again when you choose a Premium Channel IOL. This treatment gives you the best chance of eliminating glasses for good. Drive, play, swim, watch TV, read and do your hobbies all without the need for glasses. Enjoy life to its fullest without the limitations of glasses or contacts.
Readers aren’t so bad…
Gain clear, sharp quality vision at distance, achieve the best quality distance vision when you choose to correct your astigmatism along with the cataract. Remember you still get to keep your favorite reading glasses.
I am ok with Glasses…
Conventional cataract surgery using the clear single focus IOL will allow you to see clearly with your new glasses. Your overall vision will improve dramatically; however, you will likely still need glasses for reading and possibly distance.
Cataract & IOL Consultation
Once you decide you want to see better…
- Decide on your visual goals and choose your procedure and lens with the team at Benjamin Eye.
- Undergo in office preoperative testing and measurements at your Cataract Consultation.
- A short trip to the outpatient care facility to complete your cataract procedure.
- You are on your way to clear vision starting with post op check at our office.
During Your Consultation
During your visit, in addition to the full ophthalmic examination, Dr. Benjamin will go over the risks and benefits of cataract surgery, the options available to meet your visual needs. Once your surgery is scheduled we will review all of the details and get your final examinations scheduled.Read more
Once you had decided to go forward with cataract surgery at Benjamin Eye Institute, there are few steps we need to take care of.
- Pre operative appointment at Benjamin Eye Institute. Typically scheduled 2-3 weeks before scheduled surgery. Here we’ll perform pre-operative testing, measurements and go over consents and instructions.
- Appointment with your family doctor. We’ll contact your doctor with a request letter for History and Physical clearance including blood work and EKG. Please schedule this appointment 10-14 days prior to your Cataract surgery.
- Three days prior to your surgery, you’ll start to get ready for surgery. Per given instructions, you’ll start doing warm compresses and using eye drops. We’ll also call you to confirm your arrival time to the surgical center
“I was unsure about having cataract surgery even though I knew i needed it. When my driver’s license exam came up, I finally decided to do it. I didn’t realize what a difference it would make, everything was brighter. I decided to have the Crystalens and now I can read without reading glasses and work on my computer without any problems. I’ve thrown away 2 pair of glasses and a pair of contact lenses. I hadn’t really expected that I could just wake up and open my eyes and see everything clearly. The surgery was easy and the staff was wonderful. The effort was definitely worth the time and money.”
Hirsch A.Read more
Orsi N., Google +
If you're thinking about LASIK surgery, don't even look further. Dr. Benjamin is the absolute best!! Couldn't be happier with his services.
elgordo123, City Search
Dr. Benjamin was so friendly that I can't wait until my next appointment! I DEFINITELY recommend him to anybody looking for a great ophthalmologist!
Wow, what a huge difference a short 15 minutes makes! Having spent so much of my life helpless without my glasses and inconvenienced by an expensive contacts routine -- suddenly I could see, and with minimal down-time.Read more testimonials