The definitive treatment for cataracts is cataract extraction.
There are several widely accepted indications for having cataract surgery.
- Vision has become so inadequate that it interferes with everyday tasks, such as driving, watching TV, reading, hobbies, etc.
- The cataract is causing glaucoma and is threatening irreversible loss of vision
- The cataract is causing inflammation and is threatening irreversible loss of vision
- The cataract precludes the view of the back of the eye and is interfering with the treatment of a retinal problem such as diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration.
Modern cataract extraction includes several options. These will depend on the general status of your eye as well as the skill set of the surgeon. Your candidacy for the various procedures is best discussed during a visit with your doctor.
At the Benjamin Eye institute we offer all the available options for cataract care, including:
- Premium Cataract Services
- Non-Surgical Options
- Cataract and Astigmatism Care
- Advanced Lens Styles
- Laser-Assisted Cataract Care
All premium cataract services come with a no questions asked refractive outcome guarantee, backed up by our own in-house laser vision correction platform.