Day Before your PRK Surgery
- Use Zymar – 1 drop 4 times the day before your procedure.
- Remove all eye make-up, including eyeliner and mascara.
- Be certain to have driving arrangements made for the following day. Patients cannot drive home after surgery
- Pick up prescribed medications.
- On the morning of surgery, please take all medications as normally prescribed.
- Do NOT use any eye make-up, mascara, or fragrances.
- Please bring your post-op kit with you to the laser center.
- Please arrive 1 hour prior to surgery.
- If prescribed Valium, please take upon arrival at the laser center.
- Wear comfortable clothing (bring a sweater as it tends to get cold in the laser room)
- We suggest you go home and nap for 4-6 hours.
- Continue your drops 2 hours after getting home.
- If sleeping, you do not have to wake up to take drops.
- Day 1: Next day post operative check up
- Day 4: Removal of bandage contact lenses.
- Day 10: Check vision and for dry eyes.
- Month 1 and 3: Check for visual results
- Month 6: Check visual stability of eyes.
- One Year: Final check up.
- Do not rub your eyes
- Take great care when blotting your eyes following eye drop insertion.
- A bandage contact lens was inserted for your comfort. If it falls out, please do NOT reinsert the lens. A new lens will be provided at your first post-operative visit.
- Depending upon your occupation and rate of recovery, you may need to arrange to be away from work for up to 3 days following your procedure.
Normal early postoperative symptoms:
- Droopy or swollen eye lids.
- Watery eyes and redness.
- Scratchy or sandy sensation.
- Stinging with the eye drops.
- Hazy, or fluctuating, vision.
- Sensitivity to bright lights.
- Some haloes at night.
- Discomfort which usually recedes in 3 days.
You should not expect to see well immediately. There is normally much variability in the recovery rate between different patients, and even between both eyes of the same patient. The amount of blur during the first week is not relevant to the final visual outcome. Therefore, try not to over-analyze your vision at first. Although unavoidable, comparing the recovery period of one eye to another (or to that of another friend or relative) may raise unnecessary concern over normal differences.
If you are experiencing severe pain or sudden loss of vision, call our office at 310.275.5533.
Hear From Our Patients
Orsi N., Google +
If you're thinking about LASIK surgery, don't even look further. Dr. Benjamin is the absolute best!! Couldn't be happier with his services.
elgordo123, City Search
Dr. Benjamin was so friendly that I can't wait until my next appointment! I DEFINITELY recommend him to anybody looking for a great ophthalmologist!
Wow, what a huge difference a short 15 minutes makes! Having spent so much of my life helpless without my glasses and inconvenienced by an expensive contacts routine -- suddenly I could see, and with minimal down-time.
Read more testimonials
Schedule a Free LASIK Consultation Today!
Please take a moment to rate your experience
with our team.