After completing your comprehensive dry eye exam, if MGD (Meibomian Gland Dysfunction) is determined to be the cause of your dry eye disease, IPL treatments may be recommended. OptiLight with Lumenis patented Optimal Pulse Technology uses precise, intense broad-spectrum light to reduce inflammation – one of the key underlining factors in dry eye disease due to MGD.
OptiLight is the first and only IPL FDA approved for dry eye management!
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. OptiLight with Lumenis patented Optimal Pulse Technology uses precise, intense broad-spectrum light to reduce inflammation – one of the key underlining factors in dry eye disease due to MGD. OptiLight was specifically developed to reach the delicate contours of the treated area safely, effectively and gently.
Backed by numerous clinical studies, OptiLight's novel optimal pulse technology (OPT) provides a transformative, safe, and efficacious way to improve Dry Eye disease due to MGD. The way we treat your eyes is the way we want you to feel; safe, with control, and precision.
What you can expect
• Results are typically seen in just 2 sessions, optimal results in 4 sessions (spaced 2-4 weeks apart) and maintenance treatments recommended every 6-12 months for long-term relief.
• Each session usually takes only 10-15 minutes in our comfortable dry eye suite
• During the treatment Dr. Benjamin will apply a coupling gel on the treatment area and cover your eyes with shields. OptiLight is noninvasive and applied to the area BELOW the eyes.
• You may experience a warm sensation as light is applied to the skin, the treatment is gentle with minimum discomfort.
• Although you may experience some redness following the treatment, there is no downtime
• Stay out of direct sunlight for a few days and to apply sunscreen.
X2.7 Improvement in tear break up time compared to control group
X6.3 More expressible glands
We recommend and offer packages to combine OptiLight followed by a LipiFlow treatment. Learn more about LipiFlow here.
Why should I choose Benjamin Eye Institute?
The Benjamin Eye Institute is a world-class ophthalmology practice right here in West Hollywood. It is our goal to provide compassionate, comprehensive eye care for you and your entire family. If you suffer from dry eye and believe it may be the result of MGD, we are here to help.